Sunday 7 September 2014

paper dreams


"I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once" - c.s.lewis

I love books. I love to read the same one over and over again.
I see books as a form of escapism from the real world so to speak.
Sitting down on an evening with a good book ( which rarely happens lately ) is a wondrous thing :-)
I am a classic book kind of girl. In my teens I would devour novels like Jane Eyre, little women, Moby dick, great expectations, and I would fall in love with the era and the characters.

Reading-
Alfie my story - Alfie boe
The wave - Susan casey
12 years a slave - Solomon Northup

Recently read -
The joy luck club - Amy Tan
The killing place - Tess Gerritsen

But on with my favourites -

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - this has been a favourite of my mine for many a moon. Jane is like the pinnacle of a strong woman.

The diary of Anne frank - I am pretty sure most have heard of this book. But I have read this book over and over since my childhood, it makes me feel such sorrow. But its also a really powerful insight through the eyes of a child, about the persecution of many people.

The help by Kathryn stockett - I read this book a few years ago, and I barely got a chapter in when it dug its hooks in and I didn't put it down for 2 days! I could hear the voices of the women in my mind as I read I was truly captivated by the events and the people of the segregation era.

The hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkien - before the lord of the rings came the hobbit. This is a wonderfully woven tale full of different languages and interesting creatures - if you haven't read it please do :-)

Alrighty if I don't stop now I may not stop at all!!
Although I am trying to instill in my kids the joy and splendour of reading a book. It was something I enjoyed, and you can never be too young or too old to enjoy a good book.

Have a smashing sunday :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment