Friday 12 September 2014

family traditions

I have spent a bit of time thinking about this prompt, and I have struggled to think of any family traditions.
However, there is something I would love to pass on to my girls -
Below is my mum on her wedding day, and me on mine. We wore the same veil, it was handmade by my great aunty. I would love it if I could pass it on to my girls, I think it would make a lovely tradition :-)

Another wedding tradition we have is all McBride weddings have ave maria played as the newlyweds exit the church/hotel they married in. Granted I am not a McBride woman, but the tradition passed down to me.

Finally, as Jehovah's witnesses we don't celebrate birthdays or Christmas. So when our wedding anniversary comes around, we have a special present day for the kids. Which is a wonderful thing for the kids. So I like to think of this a somewhat tradition in the sense of I am passing it on to my kids.

What about all of you? :-) 

Have a funtastic Friday


1 comment:

  1. Aww that is a great tradition to have!! I also had a difficult time coming up with one but I did!!

    http://naturalbeautism.blogspot.com/2014/09/our-new-tradition.html

    ReplyDelete