Thursday 11 September 2014

the leibster award

Oh my word!! I woke up this morning to the best message ever, thank you so much Helen iwillbloom.wordpress.com for the nomination. I literally have the biggest smile on my face right now :-) I am doing my inside happy dance lol!

I feel really special right now!

So thanks to the lovely Helen I get to answer 10 questions, nominate some more bloggers and think of my own questions :-)
In 3...2...1

1. What does a wonderful day look like to you?
Hmm, a wonderful day to me would be being able to look in the mirror in the morning without thinking yuck! Being able to fit in my size 10 jeans for the first time in 4 years lol! Not having to tidy and the house and getting to spend the whole day having fun with my kids and hubby. I may be a stay at home mum but a mother's work is never done .:-)

2. Name 5 things you are thankful for -
After suffering a miscarriage in 2009, I am thankful for my 3 beautiful children.
Sunflowers, this sounds silly but they have the ability to cheer me up no matter how I feel.
Jehovah, for helping me to find him.
My friends, those I know and those I am getting to know.
My husband, for loving me even though I am difficult.

3. The last time you felt really happy -
My wedding day June 2nd 2007, I was 21. Everyone said I was so young to be getting married. But I was so deliriously happy that I had found my other half. My best friend. My soul mate. He is the love of my life. I never thought I would find someone that understood my flaws and loved me despite them. I know its a long time ago, and I have felt happiness since then. But this a truly special happy day :-)

4. If you knew you couldn't fail what would you do?
If I knew I couldn't fail.. Hmm...oh I know I would go to an audition for les miserables. If I couldn't fail I would get the part right :-)  in all seriousness, I would sell our house and buy a boat. Sail to many beautiful places around the world and find a secluded place for our family to build a place to live a la Swiss family Robinson :-)

5. If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you be doing today?
Firstly I would get up and photograph the sunrise. There is something wonderfully different about each one. I would take my daughters to pick wildflowers. Spending as much time as possible with my family. I would take my husband to the place where he proposed to me...on top of a cliff...which he made me climb! Finishing the day by having a family movie night and reading revelation 21:3,4 my favourite scripture.


6. When was the last time you astonished yourself?
When I decided to send our oldest to school. I have always been an advocate for homeschooling. I didn't want my children suffering like I did. But one day Bella asked me when she was going to start school, I just thought do you know what she will be ok. She is so brave and independent. But I never ever thought I was going to let her go!

7. When was the last time you took a bold action?
2009. I decided that I was going to be a Jehovah's witness. I am the only one in my family. So I told my mum, she was not happy. I have always done everything to please my mum, so for me this was bold...doing the opposite of what pleased her. It meant no longer celebrating birthdays or Christmas, these are things my mum enjoys doing. But I think I spent so much time sort of living up to peoples expectations, that it was time I did something for me.

8. The last time you were brave
A few weeks ago I drove on the motorway for the first time. It may not sound like much, but it is a huge deal to me. My mum and I have the same fear of motorways. Its where dad was killed. I worry so deeply about having an accident. But I did it. I didn't panic even though my heart was racing and my stomach in knots. Even hubby said he was proud of me!! Yay!

9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Grey! Ha! Sorry. Ooh 10 years...I will be 38 yikes!! I will have a 14 year old and 11 year old and a 10 year old...oh! Ok I will get that thought out of my brain right now sheesh! I hope to be able to take a class in photography seeing as I am very amateur right now. I would love to have my own photography business. I would like to say that by then our family will have sold our house and made our dream move to California. But with the housing market being what it is, I can see us living where we are now. But being self sufficient, growing our on veg etc. Well you know its kind of a given when you live in the country. P.s I refuse to go grey...I will forever dye my hair :-)

10. What's your favourite memory?
I don't like to remember my childhood. So I blocked a lot out. But for me my favourite memory is my first visit to California. A few days after we arrived I wasn't feeling well, but put it down to jet lag. A couple of days later something in my head said 'buy a pregnancy test' so I did. Lo and behold I was pregnant, it had been 6 months since my miscarriage and we weren't trying. But someone obviously decided it was time for us to have a baby :-)  I remember calling my mum and telling her, it was weird being so far away from her and not being able to see the look on her face. August 2010 we welcomed Bella Annina into the world, my little squishy bundle :-)

So there we go
Now for another fun bit.. My nominees.

Britney allthingsbritneylee.wordpress.com
Amber www.undertheoklahomasky.com
Liane www.rosycheeksmuddyfeet.com
Meghan www.theycallhermeghan.com
Grace www.foxlanetales.co.vu
Lizelle shemustbenew.blogspot.co.uk
Dubhe dubhejoy.blogspot.co.uk
Thingsmareloves fullyinlove.wordpress.com
Leah www.myfavouriteadventure.com
Rachel www.randomwritings.com
passionpinkandpearls.blogspot.co.uk so sorry I don't know your name!!

Here are your 10 questions

What is the first thing on you mind when you wake up?
Tell me about your favourite childhood memory.
If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Tell me about who inspires you.
If you could pick one thing that you love about yourself what would it be?
Go ahead pick 10 things for your bucket list.
Tell me about someone in your life that you adore to the moon and back
Name 3 people you would invite to a dinner party..celebs..real..dead or alive and why?
When was the last time you felt intense joy?

I think that's 10.
Now for the rules -

Link back to the person that tagged youyou

Answer the 10 questions aboveabove

Create 10 questions of your own

Nominate and tag 11 bloggers

My own special rule have fun! :-)




2 comments:

  1. There is something pretty appealing about the Swiss Family Robinson lifestyle... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nom!! I'm super honored! I will answer soon :)

    ReplyDelete