Friday 8 November 2013

time - not to be wasted, but cherished

I have been sitting here a while..ironically wasting 'time' trying to think of what to write for today's prompt.

Anyways time is an interesting thing, there are days when we plead for time to go faster so that we can enjoy the weekend or get home and see the family. But then there are times we wish that time would slow down, and allow us more moments with a loved one.
 When I was younger I wanted to turn back time to before my father passed away and to allow myself longer than the 5 years that I was given in order to get to know him.
Now I am trying to spend as much time with my girls, to get close to them. To give them a chance to know me for as long as possible, because you never know what time and unforeseen occurrence may bring.
I want to use my time now wisely, as during my teen years my time was wasted and if I could say anything to my teenage self it would be to put my time to good use. To do what I could to help others who needed my help, to spend more time studying and less time in dance classes :-)
But then would I be where I am today if I had done anything differently... Possible not.
Really I am thoroughly grateful for the time that I get to spend with my family.
5 mins up... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment