Tuesday 3 September 2013

A brief look into my life :)


So I have spent the majority of my day trawling Google for blog challenge ideas.. and thanks to 'story of my life' I found out about blogtember... So here goes..it begins with describing where and what I come from..the people and places that make up who I am...
So the short and short of it..I was born in Walsall, West Midlands in 1986, my mum always tells me that on the day I was born I decided to take a 3 hour nap...during labour :) better late than never though eh!?
My dad, Steve was (from what I hear) a wonderful man..in 1990 he died whilst helping some people out of a crashed car on the motorway ( he was not a member of the emergency services, just a good Samaritan) I don't recall a lot of things prior to this day, so my memories of dad are pretty vague. My mum, younger brother, older brother and me were there at the time..and my earliest memory is of being driven in a police car from the scene to my mum's friends house. My dad is my hero and always will be.
A few years later, we moved to west Wales where my mum married my step-dad (and we welcomed a step brother into our family unit too)..and some years later we welcomed a little sister and little brother into our family.
At the age of 10, I became anorexic...now nobody can tell you how it feels to be in such a negative place..because for each person it is different. A lot of people feel that they need to find some under lying reason for things..however I can hand on heart say that I truly do not know what made feel how I did...but something in my mind was telling me that I needed to lose weight..at my lowest I was 4 stone. I was put into a children's ward because at the time there wasn't a lot of help for children with eating disorders in the 90's but my parents didn't know what else to do. I feel that this time in my life shaped who I am today, for the better :)
I am truly grateful for what I have as I know from experience that things can change in a second..and I feel blessed to have my family around me :)
I became a baptised Jehovah's witness in 2010, 3 months after I had my daughter Bella. I haven't looked back since :)
Now people that have shaped my life -
My husband - matt
I met him whilst I was working in a supermarket in 2005..he is the love of my life. We married in 2007 and we now have 2 beautiful daughter's aged 3 and 5 months.
My friend - Deborah
I met her in 2007, whilst I was going through a difficult time...and thanks to her I have been a dedicated Jehovah's witness for the last 3 years.
My friend - Katie
She is truly a wonderful friend, she has been there for me through problems I have faced and she was the birthing partner for me at the birth of my second daughter. I <3 her x
I truly feel that I come from a family of strong willed people ( that and strong headed Irish) I am a lot like my mum on a way, that things may hurt us and bring us down but we are strong enough to hold ourselves up and carry on.
And that's a bit about me, this is me signing off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment