Wednesday 4 September 2013

California..here we come :)

Day 2 of blogtember...today is if you could take 3 months off from your current life what would you do?
I have spent a bit of time thinking about this, because my hubby and I have been considering selling our house and going to California for 3 months...as we adore it in america. We tend to visit our friends in San Juan Capistrano every few years and we <3 it there.
However, sun is not my friend...don't get me wrong I like warm weather but being fair skinned I burn like nobody's business :)
The beaches over there are lovely, my favourites being San Clemente and Laguna..good thing is my oldest daughter loves the beach, its just a shame that the majority of beaches in Wales are rocky!!
I would love to visit sequoia national park...I am fascinated by the fact that there are trees so big you can drive through them!! The red woods are just so beautiful and its amazing that there are trees in the world that are hundreds of years old...that people haven't chopped down.
I have to admit I love the sea..although I cannot swim...its what is in the sea that appeals to me...the dolphins and the whales!! :) our good friends have a boat so we could enjoy I nice boat trip 2 :)
Hoover dam - possibly in Nevada but I am not sure :) however this somewhere I would like to visit if not purely for photographic purposes :)
As I don't need an excuse I would spend a good week or so in Disneyland, Anaheim...mainly because I am just a great big child at heart, and I am not planning on changing that any time soon :) my hubby gets greatly annoyed because I spend all day queuing to see the princess! But I don't care teehee :D
Its not exactly healthy...but I would have to eat a lot of in 'n' out burgers..which again is something we don't have in Wales, so I would make the most of it while I could.
The pictures below are of our last visit to Cali last summer before my youngest Ariana was born :) ( except for the one of my hubby and I at the Getty)
Ooh I almost forgot...I would have to make a cheeky little detour to las vegas...you know just to say I have been there :) I don't gamble..but I would love to enjoy I nice buffet..which I am told are amazing!! And the hotels are supposed to be out of this world :)
I am pretty sure I have gone a little crazy and put enough stuff on there for a smidge longer than 3 months but ah well :)
But then you know I think I would be just as happy in a beach side house watching the ocean, the sunsets and enjoy the company of people I love with a glass (or bottle) of Napa valley wine :)
This is me signing off...
X


No comments:

Post a Comment