Tuesday 23 September 2014

croeso i cymru

Hi there everyone.
I would like to show you around my home.
Welcome to wales.
So what my village lacks in entertainment it makes up for in scenery. I have never really lived in a city, so I will share a few sights with you today :-)
The above is the view from the end of my road. Go ahead try and pronounce the name of my village, my mum has lived here 24 years and still says it wrong lol!
The next village down from me (bethania) is where the Ty nant spring water factory is - most people have heard of this company, they sell water in blue and red glass bottles. Please let me know if you have heard of it.
The liitle story behind the statues..I helped make them when I was in school. It was a school project. They are about 21 years old :-)  they are made out of paper mache :-) 
I remember when I was in primary school, the most pupils we had was 35. Unfortunately the school has just been closed due to low numbers. Which is a sdhasme because they are closing all the small village schools and wanting to open a big one.

There are a couple of really nice walks in my area. One of which we did a few weeks ago. Its called Elan valley. If you ever visit wales, then you must go here :-) 


Although there are times I find it tough having to drive everywhere and not having a local shop. But you can't beat the view :-) 
I can't wait to see where you all live!!


1 comment:

  1. It looks stunningly beautiful! Those sculptures are amazing! I remember when we went to visit the 'xxx-gogogh' town (I can't spell it out! The one with the longest town name ever) and we were in awe of how long the word was!! [I think we must have photos of us stood there, as children, in front of the train station sign]....noone could agree, that day, I remember, on how to pronounce that either...!!

    ReplyDelete